NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
Information Collection and Use
- This policy does not apply to the practices of company's that CompuNet does not own or control, or people that CompuNet does not employ or manage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- CompuNet collects personally identifiable information when you register for a CompuNet Online! BBS account, when you make a purchase either online through our website or on the phone, when you use certain CompuNet products or services, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. CompuNet may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
- When you register with CompuNet Online!, we ask for your name, email address, birth date, zip code, and gender. Once you register with CompuNet and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- CompuNet also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address.
- CompuNet uses information for general purposes such as to fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
- CompuNet will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- CompuNet will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of CompuNet to provide a product or service to you.;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the CompuNet Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- CompuNet may set and access CompuNet cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- If you forget your login name or password, you may request a new one be assigned by visiting: Password Reminder.
- Your CompuNet Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas CompuNet uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Questions or Suggestions
- CompuNet may edit or change this policy with or without notice.